hillip Island Penguin Parade & Sightseeing
Maximum 11 persons on day tour
Cost: AUD$199 per person Adult for the Regular Viewing Area.
Watch little penguins returning home to their burrows at sunset each night the famous penguin parade will lure you to Phillip island but on this day tour you will discover so much more, and the seaside town of Cowes to explore, shop or taste some local seafood (not included).
Your day begins with an afternoon pick-up from your hotel in Melbourne. Drive south-east from Melbourne to reach Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park where you will meet endangered species, kangaroos, wallabies and koalas plus an array of colourful birds and reptiles. Your visit helps to further the protection and conservation of the local fauna and flora.
Your journey then leads onto Phillip Island, the home of the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix and our famous Little Penguins. Upon arrival on the Island, depending on the time of year and your interests, we will visit Woolamai beach to see surfers riding the waves.
If you travel during the summer time (October - April), the penguins arrive later in the evening so you have some free time in the city of Cowes, where you can walk, shop or try some local seafood for dinner (not included). At other times of the year you will go straight to the Nobbies and return home to Melbourne.
As you drive further west to the Nobbies Nobbies (Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest Australian Fur Seal colony), stroll along the promenade to experience the waves crashing along this dramatic coastline and perhaps see a few seals and some penguin stars.
And finally, to the island’s black-tie gala event: the Penguin Parade. From the Visitor Centre, you will meander along the boardwalk to the viewing platform (Regular Viewing Area) and watch the little penguins come ashore, decked out in their tuxedos as they hurry off to find their burrows.
There are a few options for viewing the parade in addition to the Regular Viewing Area, which are additional cost. We can upgrade you to any of the following.
- Penguin Plus on Phillip Island, includes entrance to the viewing platform limited to 190 people.
- Underground viewing (lets you enjoy near-close viewing of small penguins through an underground, protected viewing window
- Ranger comment on the penguins (in English) via headset. Binoculars included.
- VIP box is a small cabin for 10 adults, right in the middle of the penguin arrival area is limited. Contains drinks and finger food.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 8-9 hr tour – pick-up from the hotel at either 1 pm or 2 pm depending on the season.
- Entry fee to Moolit Sanctuary
- Entry fee to Phillip Island Nature Park (Regular viewing area only)
* Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended.
Discover Diverse Travel
Aboriginal Tours | Australia
Events and Festivals
Food and Wine
Nature and Wildlife