Michaelmas Cay, Great Barrier Reef – snorkel away from the crowds
$107.50 Child (4-14 years)
531 Family (2 Adults & 2 Children).
Departs from Reef Fleet Terminal in Cairns. Transfers can be arranged from your hotel at additional cost.
Set sail aboard Ocean Spirit, a 32m (105ft) sailing and motor catamaran, to experience Michaelmas Cay’s unique reef environment - a picturesque sand cay encircled by a spectacular fringing reef and an important protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds. Daily visitor numbers to Michaelmas Cay’s unique reef environment are strictly limited.
Enjoy all the included activities – snorkel in the cay’s protected shallow waters, cruise in the semi-sub for a diver’s view of the reef, watch the fish feeding presentation and observe the island bird life. Throughout the day, the “beach buggy shuttle” will transfer you between Ocean Spirit and the beach. To protect this renowned bird sanctuary, access on the cay is limited to the roped beach area.
If you prefer just relax on the beach or onboard and enjoy a leisurely day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your day includes:
- Return Ocean Spirit cruise from Cairns.
- 8.5 hours experience with 4 hours at Michaelmas Cay.
- Morning tea including muffins and focaccia,
- Afternoon tea.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch, including prawns.
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction.
- Buoyancy vests and lycra suit
- Marine Biologist presentation.
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with commentary.
- Fish feeding presentation.
- Complimentary glass of sparkling wine on homeward journey.
- Introductory Scuba Diving
- Guided Snorkel Tour