Aboriginal Culture and Wilderness Day Tour – Sydney
Location: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, on Sydney’s doorstep
Length of Tour: 1 Day
Tour Dates: Departs Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday
Pick-up: 7.45am – 8.15am - City based guests : City based guests Sydney
CBD hotel pick-up service; Manly pick-ups can be arranged. Return to CBD approximately 4 – 5 pm.
AUD Adult $229 per person;
AUD Child $159 per person;
Prices valid to March 31, 2020
- Guided tour of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, including an early morning visit to West Head Lookout
- 3 hour boat cruise through the pristine waterways of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Insightful commentary emphasising local Aboriginal heritage, the natural environment and the contemporary Australian coastal lifestyle
- Personal guided tour of a remote, sacred Aboriginal Heritage Site showcasing rock engravings
- Insightful teaching about Aboriginal culture and heritage while on Traditional Lands
- Morning snacks of Australian favourites, with complimentary tea and coffee while cruising
- Lunch featuring Australian bush tucker flavours, while cruising in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Afternoon snacks in an iconic, uniquely-Australian landmark location
- Sydney CBD hotel pick-up and return
Only 45 minutes from the heart of Sydney, this unique full day wilderness and Aboriginal cultural experience combines land and water based touring at Australia’s second oldest National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase.
A most pristine wilderness environment, the park is home to Australia’s most concentrated collection of recorded Aboriginal heritage sites, some only accessible by water. Explore the National Park’s peaceful waterways on a comfortable 50ft cruiser and with expert guides, who have permission to share the rich Aboriginal history of this area, visit heritage sites including rock engravings.
- Breathtaking ocean views over Broken Bay, Lion Island, Palm Beach, Pittwater and the Central Coast
- Acknowledgement of Country by your guide
- Learn about shipwrecks, smugglers, pirates, escaped convicts and the Park's important role in WWII
- Spot native birds and wildlife, or even the Park's famous TV star - 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo'
- Visit an Aboriginal Heritage site which holds some of the most important rock engravings in Australia
- Scenic cruise on 50ft motor cruiser
- Aboriginal cultural demonstrations and Aboriginal rock-art sites only accessible by water
Please Note: Aboriginal guides are not guaranteed on this tour. The driver / guide has been given permission by the Traditional Owners to share the Aboriginal history with guests.
Discover Diverse Travel
Aboriginal Tours | Australia
Events and Festivals
Food and Wine
Nature and Wildlife