Aboriginal Culture and Wilderness Day Tour – Sydney
Location: Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, on Sydney’s doorstep
Length of Tour: 1 Day
Tour Dates: Departs Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday
Pick-up: 7.45am – 8.15am - City based guests : City based guests Sydney
CBD hotel pick-up service; Manly pick-ups can be arranged. Return to CBD approximately 4 – 5 pm.
AUD Adult $219 per person;
AUD Child $159 per person;
Prices valid to March 31, 2019
- Guided tour of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, including an early morning visit to West Head Lookout
- 3 hour boat cruise through the pristine waterways of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Insightful commentary emphasising local Aboriginal heritage, the natural environment and the contemporary Australian coastal lifestyle
- Personal guided tour of a remote, sacred Aboriginal Heritage Site showcasing rock engravings
- Insightful teaching about Aboriginal culture and heritage while on Traditional Lands
- Morning snacks of Australian favourites, with complimentary tea and coffee while cruising
- Lunch featuring Australian bush tucker flavours, while cruising in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- Afternoon snacks in an iconic, uniquely-Australian landmark location
- Sydney CBD hotel pick-up and return
This unique full day wilderness and aboriginal cultural experience combines land and water based touring to Australia’s second oldest National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase, just 45 minutes from the heart of Sydney. A most pristine wilderness environment, the park is home to Australia’s most concentrated collection of recorded Aboriginal heritage sites, some only accessible by water. Explore the National Park’s peaceful waterways on a comfortable 50ft cruiser and with expert guides, who have permission to share the rich Aboriginal history of this area, visit heritage sites including rock engravings.
- Breathtaking ocean views over Broken Bay, Lion Island, Palm Beach, Pittwater and the Central Coast
- Acknowledgement of Country by your guide
- Learn about shipwrecks, smugglers, pirates, escaped convicts and the Park's important role in WWII
- Spot native birds and wildlife, or even the Park's famous TV star - 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo'
- Visit an Aboriginal Heritage site which holds some of the most important rock engravings in Australia
- Scenic cruise on 50ft motor cruiser
- Aboriginal cultural demonstrations and Aboriginal rock-art sites only accessible by water
Please Note: Aboriginal guides are not guaranteed on this tour. The driver / guide has been given permission by the Traditional Owners to share the Aboriginal history with guests.